|HEADQUARTERS OF THE DEPARTMENT COMMANDER
DEPARTMENT OF TENNESSEE WITH ALABAMA AND MISSISSIPPI
SONS OF UNION VETERANS OF THE CIVIL WAR
Roger A. Tenney, Commander
4960 Reeder School Road
Greenbrier, TN 37073
DEPARTMENT ORDER # 4, 2019-2020
By the authority vested in me as Commander of the Department of Tennessee with Alabama and Mississippi,
The following are reminders for our upcoming Department Encampment:
- Our 25th Department Encampment will be held next month, March 20th-22nd, 2020, at the Fort Negley in Nashville, Tennessee. All Brothers are reminded that group rates for the hotel are good through March 6rh 2020, and that the Encampment Registration Form should be submitted to Scott Holmes, Treasurer, Fort Donelson Camp #62 as instructed in the previously issued Department Order # 3, 2019-2020.
- The order of business for the day:
- 8:30 am Department Council Meeting
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am – Meet and Greet
- 9:30 am – 12:00 pm – Department Meeting
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm Department Meeting
- As a Resolution has been proposed by Pvt. Richard Taylor, Camp 53, MG James H. Wilson, Camp 1 , MG John T. Croxton, Camp 17 to become a new Department, I am instructing the Department Secretary to post the Resolution to the Department website. Further, I am instructing that this resolution be sent to the known Camp Commanders and their officers for review and consideration by their Camps. As required by Chapter II Article I section 5 of the SUVCW C&R, this resolution requires a super majority vote by the Camps for the petition to create a new Department move forward. Unlike most actions of our Department, this vote will be taken by Camp representative and not the individual members of the Department Encampment. I am strongly encouraging all Camps to send at least one member in good standing to represent the will of the Camp on this matter. As there are nine Camps in the Department, we need the voice of every Camp in this matter, and at least six Camps in good standing in attendance and agreement to address the resolution
- Proposed changes to our Department By-Laws have been previously issued to all Camps in compliance with our existing by-laws. Many of these changes were acted upon during the 23rd Department Encampment yet that record was lost during some transitions. Additional changes are requested to address some of the struggles our Department has faced this year. I am instructing t the Department Secretary to post the proposed changes to the Department website. Further,I am instructing that this proposed changes be reissued to the known Camp Commanders and their officers for review and consideration by their Camps,.
- All reports of elected and appointed officers should be submitted to the Department Secretary with a copy to the Department Commander ON OR BEFORE March 7th 2020. Reports may be submitted electronically.
- All reports of Camps should be submitted to the Department Secretary with a copy to the Department Commander ON OR BEFORE March 7th 2020. Reports may be submitted electronically.
- The report shall include a current copy of the Camp roster indicating which brothers are in good standing
- I am instructing the Department Secretary to send copy of current Camp Rosters provide by the National Organization SUVCW to all known Camp Commanders and Camp Secretaries. ON OR BEFORE March 1st 2020.
The foregoing Department Order is proclaimed this 25th Day of February in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Twenty, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred forty-third, in the town of Greenbrier, State of Tennessee
By order of: ROGER A. TENNEY
George A. Huttick
Department Secretary – Treasurer